Ziro stands as a census town in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. The town is a World Heritage Site for a number of years now and is also regarded as the schooling centre of Arunachal Pradesh. The town is famed for its stunning natural beauty and thus pulls thousands of tourists from across the globe all year round.
Ziro Valley is also reputed as Apatani Plateau and is tucked at an altitude of 1500 meters above sea level. Rice fields and pine trees adorn the mountains of Ziro. The place rich in its natural wonders and beauty has a lot to show its visitors. some of the must-visit places here are:
- Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary- sprawls across 337 sq. km. of land and is rich in flora and fauna. It is also famed as a Bio-diversity zone.
- Meghna Cave Temple- It is an ancient cave temple which dates back to 5000 years. The temple sits at an altitude of 300 feet and was rediscovered in 1962. This temple has religious and scenic importance too.
- Kile Pakho– is a paradise for nature lovers. The ridge offers a stunning view of the Ziro plateau on one side and snow-capped Himalayan ranges on the other side.
- Midey- is famed for its blue pine trees. The biggest and the tallest pine trees of Apatani Valley could be spotted here. The place is also famed for offering a great hiking and trekking trail.
- Ziro Puto– aka Army Puto is of great importance as army cantonment was established here during the 1960s. It is a hillock that offers a beautiful view of the Apatani.
- Dolo Mando- another yet important hillock of the region famed for its viewpoints. The place is also a hotspot for trekkers.
- Hapoli- The place holds administrative importance. To note here are the residence of Deputy Commissioner and the Circuit House.
- Dilopolyang Maniipolyang- is a twin hillock coming on the way to Talley Valley. This place is also famed for its landscapes and panoramic views.
- Pine Groove
- Tarin Fish Farm
- Bamboo Groove- famed for growing one stem bamboo and blue-clad pine.
- Tipi Orchid Research Centre- houses more than 1000 varieties of orchids.
Places to visit near Ziro
Ziro travel Guide
Ismail KattakathThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
SippyThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
Team YatramantraThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn