Changlang is a naturally blessed town in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Changlang sees a range of altitudes, from 200 metres to 4500 metres. The place is famed for its natural beauty, culture and tradition. It is a place of love for photographers as well. The picturesque valley and the scenic mountains here can’t leave any soul untouched.
Lush greenery and picturesque landscapes are in abundance to be enjoyed here. Apart from the natural settings, other attractions of Changlang are-
- Miao- accounts for the small town on the banks of Noa-Dehing River. The place is revered for its Patkai Bum (hill), Namdapha National Park, museum, mini zoo, oil drilling and tea plantations.
- Namdapha National Park – sees itself as a Tiger Reserve and houses a wide array of flora and fauna to flaunt.
- Lake of No Return – is a place of historical importance. The lake served the countrymen during the second world war. The lake has amazing stories to tell about its history and name.
- Tibetan Refugee Settlement Camp- is been regarded as the oldest Tibetan settlement in India. The refugee in the camp is famed for its handloom production.
- World War II Cemetery/ Jairampur Cemetery- a burial ground for soldiers of World War Second.
- Stilwell Road (Ledo Road)- is a historic road built during the Second World War by Americans.
- Nampong aka Hell Pass/ Hell Gate- it is also a pass or road of historic importance. Many other important places can be viewed here.
- Ranglum- preferred place for trekking, the place is popular for holding some aircraft remnants of world war second.
- Kengkho Village- located on the banks of Tirap River, the place is revered to explore the village culture and tradition.
- Jongpho-Hate- is famed for its ancient Shivlinga.
Places to visit near Changlang
Changlang travel Guide
Ismail KattakathThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
SippyThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
Team YatramantraThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn