Jungle Camp in Thekkady provides tented accommodations for 30 persons at a time with a board room facility for projection, film shows, trekking in the forest. jungle camp is envisaged as a programme where visitors get an oppurtunity to camp outdoors in tents in the sylvan surroundings of the forest. The site is located at the river view point in the banks of Periyar River at Vallakadavu, the sylvan surroundings of the forest in Periyar Tiger Reserve.
This eco tourism package includes an orientation programme, a safari to gavi, wild film shows, birds watching, trekking and a complimentary boat trip(optional) on famous periyar lake. Dinner on the first day and breakfast and lunch on second day are included in the package.
programme description in brief
- Camping and trekking inside the forest, starting at 2.45pm, ending at 5pm; food and double-bedded accommodation provided.
- Time slots: 2.45pm to 5pm.
- maximum 15 tent with minimum of 2 tent(4 person) (Minimum Rs. 10000/- ).
- 5000/- per tent(2 person), Extra person(5 to 12) 500 above 12years 1000/-
- Bookings are confirmed against 100% payment. Ticket rates do not include Entrance fees
An appeal to the visitor:
You are supporting a noble cause of forest conservation and community welfare by participating in these ecotourism programmes. The interest and participation shown by you is higly appreciated. Let’s make Periyar a heitage for all time to come.
Places to visit near Jungle Camp
Jungle Camp travel Guide
Ismail KattakathThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
SippyThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
Team YatramantraThe most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy — it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn