INDIAN e-TOURIST VISA
Indian e-Tourist Visa or eTV is an electronically issued and stored travel authority for tourist and light business travel to India, which can be used to replace the traditional visa that is stamped into your passport.
The e-Tourist Visa is a faster, easier, lower cost alternative to the stamped visa option.
The Indian e-Tourist Visa is valid for 30 days from date of issue for a single entry only. A maximum of two Indian e-Visas can be issued for the same traveler within one year.
Indian e-Tourist Visa services involves completely online application for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary / agents etc. It is advised not to believe or fall in trap of any such unscrupulous elements. For any clarification or doubt may contact to [email protected]
- Applicants of the eligible countries/territories may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 30 days. Example : If you are applying on 1st Sept then applicant can select arrival date from 5th Sept to 4th Oct.
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name,date of birth, nationality , expiry date etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear / as per specification.
- Indian e-tourist Visa fees is country/Territory specific (min $00 and max $60). Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additional on applicable e-Tourist Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
- eTV fee once submitted is non-refundable as the fee is for processing of the application and is not dependent on either Grant or Rejection of VISA.
- Applicant should carry a copy of eTV along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- The validity of Indian e-tourist Visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India.
- eTV is valid for entry through 16 designated Airports i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi. However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- e-Tourist Visa (eTV) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- Indian e-Tourist Visa (eTV) once issued on arrival is Only single entry , non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- Please be careful while making payment of the eTV fee. If the number of unsuccessful attempts is more than three (03), then the application id would be blocked and the applicant would be required to apply afresh by filling the application form again and regenerating a new application id.
- The Visa fee payment status updation may take up to 2 hours due to technical reasons/network delays. Applicants are advised to wait for 2 hours before payment of Visa fee again. In cases, where Visa fee has been deducted but status is not updated, the applicants are advised to verify their payment status by clicking on ‘Verify Payment/Pay Visa Fee’ tab or by clicking on the link Verify Payment.
- Before re-applying, the applicants are requested to wait for 4 hours for payment status updating, after final submission of the application form and payment of the fee. The payment status updating may take up to 4 hours.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries.
- For any assistance call 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to [email protected]
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- The documents required for e-Tourist Visa are:
- Scanned First Page of Passport.
- Format -PDF
- Size : Minimum 10 KB ,Maximum 300 KB
- The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format – JPEG
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Background should be plain light colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
AVAILABILITY OF Indian e-tourist Visa
e-Tourist Visa Facility is available for nationals of the following countries:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Cape Verde
- Cayman Island
- China- SAR Hongkong
- China- SAR Macau
- Cook Islands
- Costa Rica
- Cote d’lvoire
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Niue Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Korea
- Republic of Macedonia
- Saint Christopher and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
- Turks & Caicos Island
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City-Holy See
- Zambia and Zimbabwe.
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL INFORMATION FOR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION:
- This site is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox,Google Chrome,Internet Explorer (Windows) version 9.0 and above.
- The applicant must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher installed on your PC in order to download and print the completed application form.
HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION FORM:
- Surname: Surname is the same as Family Name or Last Name. (The spelling must be exactly the same as the last name in the applicant’s passport)
- Given Name: On the Indian Visa application Form, Given Name is the same as First Name and Middle Name; please type in the First Name and any Middle Name(s) here. (The name must be exactly as it is in the applicant’s passport)
For example, if Rayyan Joe Kasper is the traveler:
Surname : Kasper
Given Name: Rayyan Joe
Have you ever changed your name? If the applicant’s name is different from when they were born, click the “yes” box and enter the Surname/Last Name and Given Name/First and Middle Name(s) that were previously used.
- Country of Birth: Select the country where the applicant was born. This must match the information on the passport.
- Email Address: This information is required. Even though the online form allows this field to be skipped, some Consulates do in fact require your email address. Please enter an email address.
- Citizenship/National Id No.: If you do not have an additional National ID issued type NA
- Religion: Select the religion of the applicant. If the applicant’s religion is not listed, select “OTHERS” and type in the religious information in the field directly below the pull down menu.
- Visible identification marks: If the applicant has a visible identification mark (such as birthmark or tattoo) please type in the information here. Otherwise, type “NONE”.
- Educational Qualification: Select the level of education of the applicant:
- BELOW MATRICULATION-less than 10th grade education
- GRADUATE -College or university education
- HIGHER SECONDARY -High school education
- ILLITERATE -Not formally educated
- MATRICULATION -10th grade level education
- POST GRADUATE -advanced study beyond college or university (MA, PhD)
- PROFESSIONAL –professional /technical training or certification
- By Birth – choose this if the applicant has held their current citizenship since they were born.
- Naturalization – choose this if the applicant became a citizen through naturalization.
- Previous Nationality: If the applicant became a citizen by naturalization, please select their previous nationality.
INDIAN TOURIST VISA FEE
|COUNTRY||DURATION OF VISA||CONSULAR FEE||ICWF FEE||REFERENCE FEE||SERVICE FEE||TOTAL FEE|
|US citizens||10 Years Multiple Entry||$150.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$157.70|
|5 Years Multiple Entry||$150.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$157.70|
|6 Months Multiple Entry||$60.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$67.70|
|Other Nationals||6 Months Multiple Entry||$40.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$47.70|
|Singapore Nationals||6 Months Multiple Entry||$25.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$32.70|
|Sri Lanka Citizens||3 Months Single Entry||$15.00||$3.00||$20.00||$4.70||$42.70|
|6 Months Multiple Entry||$25.00||$3.00||$20.00||$4.70||$52.70|
|3 Mounth Double Entry||$25.00||$3.00||$20.00||$4.70||$52.70|
|1 Mounth Double Entry||$15.00||$3.00||$20.00||$4.70||$42.70|
|United Kingdom citizens||5 Year Multiple Entry||$815.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$822.70|
|1 Year Multiple Entry||$444.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$451.70|
|6 Months Multiple Entry||$129.00||$3.00||$0.00||$4.70||$136.70|
- Note: For Regular Visa
- Visa Status Enquiry can be used to know Visa Status.
- Application ID can be seen on your receipt issued by Indian Mission/Agent where you have submitted your Application.
- Note: For e-Tourist Visa
- Visa Status Enquiry can be used to know Visa Status,Payment Status and to Print e-Tourist Visa.
- Application ID can be seen in the Acknowledgement Message and also in the printed Application Form.
VISA PROCESSING TIME:
Upon receipt of the Visa Application through Indian Visa Application Center or directly, the Indian Mission/ Post requires a minimum of three working days to process the case and issue a visa depending upon the nationality and excluding special cases.